Help
lexigame.com the home of unique word games

Lexigame Community
April 21, 2019, 04:13:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 159
  Print  
Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 103912 times)
Ozzyjack
Cryptoverbalist

Southern Highlands, NSW.

View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: January 11, 2019, 09:54:18 AM »

P.S.

An interesting article - PLEASE DISCUSS

I noticed a statement in another thread "Roger that fellow players".  Mischievously thought that could be a double entendre. Demon

Also wondered

Cheers, Jack

Easter is not limited to the passion and death of Christ; it also includes the dismal tragedy of life unlived by the many, and all the loss of passion and truth that goes with it.  - Michael Leunig
Alan W
Administrator
Eulexic

Melbourne, Australia

View Profile Email
« Reply #1966 on: January 11, 2019, 11:13:32 AM »

When you have an image tag in your post you can specify width and/or height.

Thus you can have -

Code:
[img]https://chihuahua-puzzle.com/forum/reuseclip.png[/img]

Which displays the image at its existing size:

Or you could change it to -

Code:
[img width=400]https://chihuahua-puzzle.com/forum/reuseclip.png[/img]

Which reduces it to 400 pixels wide:

You don't need to specify both width and height. If you nominate either one, the image will be resized proportionately.

And remember, "The Preview button is your friend!"

Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites
Ozzyjack
Cryptoverbalist

Southern Highlands, NSW.

View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: January 11, 2019, 11:48:17 AM »

Thanks, Alan.

I was trying to specify both and probably made mistakes while over complicating things.

I have almost worn out my preview button  Cheesy

I just tried resizing out by modifying one of my previous posts and it worked like a charm.  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:12:26 PM by Ozzyjack » Logged

Cheers, Jack

Easter is not limited to the passion and death of Christ; it also includes the dismal tragedy of life unlived by the many, and all the loss of passion and truth that goes with it.  - Michael Leunig
Linda
WordStar

Cumbria, England

View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: January 11, 2019, 11:13:03 PM »

Small world - hubby and I shop in Kendal most weekends!!  I used to have lodgings in Burneside Road when I went to the Tech College!  Love Kendal x
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 11:20:38 PM by Linda » Logged
mkenuk
Glossologian

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: January 12, 2019, 02:04:43 AM »

Yes, a lovely town, although it's been many years since I was there.

Kendal mint cake - heaven on earth, but only in small quantities.
Hobbit
Glossologian

Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England

View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: January 12, 2019, 05:35:14 AM »

As you say Linda a very small world!  Zoe's friend runs a B&B in Milnthorpe Road.  She always goes to visit Mr Dobson in the Greengrocers whenever she visits!
I find the Kendal Mint Cake a bit on the sweet side!
cmh
Lexicomane

View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: January 12, 2019, 05:44:42 AM »

Yes the "Old Grey Town" is indeed a lovely town. We are lucky enough to have an excellent view of the Castle and we are just round the corner from the Mint Cake factory. Not my thing! Far too sweet.
Hobbit
Glossologian

View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: January 12, 2019, 05:45:31 AM »

Morning Jack
I have racked my brains regarding your wedding anniversary (I gave the pigeon up as a non-starter laugh)
As you mentioned glass I came up with crystal but that's only 15 years.  I presume you've been married longer than that?
Can I have more clues please??
I'm pleased that the border collies aren't too cross about my penchant for cats laugh
I'm going to try another cartoon & attempt to follow Alan's advice.  As you know I'm not terrible good technically speaking Shocked

No sorry failed miserably Sad
Bon Nuit or Bonjour
Pen
Hobbit
Glossologian

View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: January 12, 2019, 06:01:43 AM »

Yes the "Old Grey Town" is indeed a lovely town. We are lucky enough to have an excellent view of the Castle and we are just round the corner from the Mint Cake factory. Not my thing! Far too sweet.
Perfect  Smiley  You are very lucky!
Milton Keynes is modern with little or no character.
Ozzyjack
Cryptoverbalist

Southern Highlands, NSW.

View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: January 12, 2019, 09:42:03 AM »

Milton Keynes is modern with little or no character.

I would contest that.  I know one person there who admittedly is little but she is full of character Grin Demon

Cheers, Jack

Ozzyjack
Cryptoverbalist

Southern Highlands, NSW.

View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: January 12, 2019, 11:00:55 AM »

I'm going to try another cartoon & attempt to follow Alan's advice.  
No sorry failed miserably Sad

No need to be sorry, Pen.  The problem with computers is that often one character out of place or omitted and it won't work.  I tried many times working from internet instructions but it wasn't until Alan's straightforward instruction that I succeeded.

Let's look at your cartoon and go through the process and see if we can pinpoint what went wrong.

your image was
Code:
[img]https://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/meme/2014/04/Difference-between-cats-and-dogs---cartoon.jpg[/img]
to reduce it to 400 pixels insert "space"width=400 after img  to give you this
Code:
[img width=400]https://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/meme/2014/04/Difference-between-cats-and-dogs---cartoon.jpg[/img]
 which gives you this

You can use a number greater or less than 400 to give you a larger or smaller picture but I would stick with 400 until you get confident enough to experiment.

I've got visitors coming so I'll get back to other issues later today,
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 11:03:07 AM by Ozzyjack » Logged

Cheers, Jack

Ozzyjack
Cryptoverbalist

Southern Highlands, NSW.

View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: January 12, 2019, 03:54:56 PM »

I have racked my brains regarding your wedding anniversary.  Can I have more clues please??

I'm not surprised racking your brains didn't help Pen.  If you are like me you know Silver, Gold and Diamond but for the rest you need google.

Clue that you asked for:  This one was pretty obscure, the next one will be a little less so,  Some clues for the next one

You are allowed to call on a friend.  There are plenty of them in the forum. Cheesy

I suppose I should have an anniversary cartoon

Happy Hunting, Pen
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:17:19 PM by Ozzyjack » Logged

Cheers, Jack

auntiemo
Logologist

View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: January 13, 2019, 12:18:54 AM »

So Jack, 54 it is! Congratulations to you both....and best wishes for many more anniversary celebrations in the coming years.
Moyra

Brisbane , Queensland, Australia
Ozzyjack
Cryptoverbalist

Southern Highlands, NSW.

View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: January 13, 2019, 02:44:49 AM »

Hi Moyra,

Spot on.  Thanks for the good wishes.

Cheers, Jack

Hobbit
Glossologian

View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: January 13, 2019, 05:30:24 AM »

I would contest that.  I know one person there who admittedly is little but she is full of character Grin Demon
Love it Jack Smiley  You're a proper old smoothy chops laugh
I'm still puzzling over your clue Huh?  Even  though Moyra was kind enough to solve it!  Emerald is 55 years but what's the flower?
Anyway 54 years is amazing.  Many congratulations to you & June.
I'm going to have another bash at reducing my cartoon

I think it worked alright.  Still looks fairly big.  Why on earth do we say it's raining cats & dogs?
I'm going to give my little grey cell a quick workout then watch a film with a small glass of pinot grigio blush Smiley
Cheers
Pen
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 159
  Print  

Jump to: